Quantcast

Hard Starting '96 Cr250

12

Hard Starting '96 Cr250

cavy986
I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but once
warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

Frank Zee
Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth neutral then kick it

  one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the year with this method.

  A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago

  Frank Z   MX BONZ   www.mxbonz.com

cavy986 <[hidden email]> wrote:
          I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but once
warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

---------------------------------

RE: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

Geoff Nell-2
Hey Frank.

What does rocking it back and forth do??

Geoff

Cape Town

  _____

warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

rich250r
Try leaning it over to one side, until fuel runs out of the overflow
hose. All of my CR's, including my '96, respond well to this. Rich

--- In [hidden email], "Geoff Nell" <geoff.nell@...> wrote:

> Hey Frank.
>
> What does rocking it back and forth do??
>

> Geoff
>
> Cape Town
>

>   _____

Behalf Of
> Frank Zee
> Sent: 30 November 2006 08:49 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [CR250] Hard Starting '96 Cr250
>

> Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth
neutral
> then kick it
>

> one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the
year with

> this method.
>

> A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago
>

> Frank Z   MX BONZ   www.mxbonz.com
>
> cavy986 <cavy986@...> wrote:
>
> I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but
once
> warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

tonyhaas17
Folks will tell you to clean the carb. I just put an eye dropper of gas in the plug hole before I start it for the first time.Then it always starts on the first kick. Once warm its good to go with no prime.

Tony

I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but once
warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

Check out the new AOL.  Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Re: Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

Roger S.-2

Silly boy.  It thouroughly mixes the fuel and oil  BEFORE  you start it :-)
rich250r <[hidden email]> wrote:          Try leaning it over to one side, until fuel runs out of the overflow
hose. All of my CR's, including my '96, respond well to this. Rich

--- In [hidden email], "Geoff Nell" <geoff.nell@...> wrote:

> Hey Frank.
>
> What does rocking it back and forth do??
>

> Geoff
>
> Cape Town
>

> _____

---------------------------------

RE: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

Frank Zee
It pulls enough of a fuel charge past the reeds to prime the lower end enough to get her lit but not so much as to load the engine up with raw fuel to the point where the spark plug fouls.

  What usually happens after you kick your brains out on a cold engine is that you begin to do nutty things out of desperation.....like hold the throttle wide open while kicking ( a CR500 trick that often works) kick it with the choke without the choke and just about everything else as you panic as the gate is dropping for your moto.

  at this point the plug is fouled and it'll usually fire once youve replaced it with a fresh one.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

  I do this every first thing in the morning startup and tell my buds to but it's one of those things you dont really become convinced of until you devlop the habit of things just being that way. Every now & then one of my CR250 buds will forget and that's when you shake your finger and say DUUUDE!!!

Geoff Nell <[hidden email]> wrote:
              Hey Frank.
  What does rocking it back and forth do??

  Geoff
  Cape Town

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Re: Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

Frank Zee
I used to lean it over myself but it was iffy... rocking it in gear gets a charge past the reeds then neutral & boom she fires one or two kicks max.

"Roger S." <[hidden email]> wrote:

Silly boy.  It thouroughly mixes the fuel and oil  BEFORE  you start it :-)
rich250r <[hidden email]> wrote:       Try leaning it over to one side, until fuel runs out of the overflow
hose. All of my CR's, including my '96, respond well to this. Rich

--- In [hidden email], "Geoff Nell" <geoff.nell@...> wrote:

> Hey Frank.
>
> What does rocking it back and forth do??
>

> Geoff
>
> Cape Town
>

> _____

---------------------------------

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

Frank Zee
YES there are many ways to skin a cat. The cause of the problem begins when you shut her down hot after you have ridden last. Choking the engine when its cold richens the mixture to theoretically get it to fire but its an iffy proposition. Leaning it over SOMETIMES gets enough of a charge into the lower end but can still leave you huffing and puffing and wasting your finite GOD given energy needed to stuff your competition out on the track!

  Rocking it in gear gets enough mixture past the reeds into the lower end to light up first or second kick.

  Cross my heart and hope to foul a plug!!!!!!!

[hidden email] wrote:
            Folks will tell you to clean the carb. I just put an eye dropper of gas in the plug hole before I start it for the first time.Then it always starts on the first kick. Once warm its good to go with no prime.

  Tony

          I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but once
warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

Matty Magic
Hi Frank,

Your method works a treat - finally had time to try it and will be using it for ever more.
Thanks mate.

Matty

Frank Zee wrote

cavy986 <cavy986@yahoo.com> wrote:
          I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but once
warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

---------------------------------

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

jkbarberie
Frank,
I"ll have to second that one!  My 87 is hard to start sometimes if I don't ride it for a few weeks.  Today I went out and tried your method.  Sure enough she fired up on the second kick!  Amazing!
Thanks,
Jeff
From: Matty Magic <[hidden email]>

&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN&quot; &quot;http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd&quot;&gt;

Hi Frank,

Your method works a treat - finally had time to try it and will be using it
for ever more.
Thanks mate.

Matty

Frank Zee wrote:
&gt;
&gt; Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth neutral
&gt; then kick it
&gt;
&gt;   one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the year with
&gt; this method.
&gt;
&gt;   A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago
&gt;
&gt;   Frank Z   MX BONZ   www.mxbonz.com
&gt;
&gt; cavy986 &lt; [hidden email] &gt; wrote:
&gt;           I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but
&gt; once
&gt; warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; ---------------------------------
&gt; Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and
&gt; get things done faster.
&gt;

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

Frank Zee
Thanks Matty!

  I went riding yesterday at Battleground MX in Ohio...... I moved up here in November ......Hired a crooked realtor who assured me that my biz could be run from this property and GUESS WHAT..................I was lied to and have MAJOR PROBLEMS...lawyers.....contract recision.....lawsuits....A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE ITS BEEN.

   Top it all off and my 80 year old MOM 6 hours away now was admitted to hospital seriously ill Saturday for tests and I would greatly appreciate everyone's prayers for one of the ALL TIME GREAT MX MOMS.

  The depression was killing me and since I havent had a chance to ride my trusty 02 in about eight months now I needed to do SOMETHING.

  Sure enough after the bike had been sitting for months with gas in the tank that was every bit as old...........GAS ON CHOKE ON SECOND GEAR ROCK'ER BACK N FORTH NEUTRAL ............SWEET fired on the second kick!

  To all my CR250 riding BROTHERS

  HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS NEW YEARS CHANUKAH FESTIVUS & WHAT HAVE YOU

Frank Zee wrote:

> Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth neutral
> then kick it
>
> one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the year with
> this method.
>
> A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago
>
> Frank Z MX BONZ www.mxbonz.com
>
> cavy986 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but
> once
> warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

Frank Zee
I KNOW!!!    Isn;t it the craziest thing???!!!! REGARDLESS OF THE YEAR!!!   electric powervalve non electric powervalve case reed cylinder reed.......????

  This HAS to be the EIGHTH WONDER OF THE WORLD

From: Matty Magic <[hidden email]>

         From: Matty Magic <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 05:34:41 +0000

Frank Zee wrote:

> Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth neutral
> then kick it
>
> one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the year with
> this method.
>
> A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago
>
> Frank Z MX BONZ www.mxbonz.com
>
> cavy986 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but
> once
> warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

Dennis Moore
Frank Zee wrote:

> Thanks Matty!
>
> I went riding yesterday at Battleground MX in Ohio...... I moved up
> here in November ......Hired a crooked realtor who assured me that my
> biz could be run from this property and GUESS WHAT..................I
> was lied to and have MAJOR PROBLEMS...lawyers.....contract
> recision.....lawsuits....A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE ITS BEEN.
>
>  Top it all off and my 80 year old MOM 6 hours away now was admitted
> to hospital seriously ill Saturday for tests and I would greatly
> appreciate everyone's prayers for one of the ALL TIME GREAT MX MOMS.
>

> The depression was killing me and since I havent had a chance to ride
> my trusty 02 in about eight months now I needed to do SOMETHING.
>
> Sure enough after the bike had been sitting for months with gas in the
> tank that was every bit as old...........GAS ON CHOKE ON SECOND GEAR
> ROCK'ER BACK N FORTH NEUTRAL ............SWEET fired on the second kick!
>
> To all my CR250 riding BROTHERS
>
> HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS NEW YEARS CHANUKAH FESTIVUS & WHAT HAVE YOU
>
> Frank Z   MX BONZ    www.mxbonz.com <http://www.mxbonz.com>
I haven't posted here before, but I've been lurking and enjoy reading
your posts. I'm hoping everything works out all right for you and your
mother.

I'm trying this starting method next time out, sometimes it's a cold
hearted beast.

Dennis
'95 CR250

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

jkbarberie
Frank,
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes as of  late.  Life can be cruel at times!  Keep your head up.  Sometimes when one door closes, two will open.  My thoughts are with your mom!
Happy Holidays,
Jeff
From: Frank Zee <[hidden email]>

> Thanks Matty!
>
>   I went riding yesterday at Battleground MX in Ohio...... I moved up here in
> November ......Hired a crooked realtor who assured me that my biz could be run
> from this property and GUESS WHAT..................I was lied to and have MAJOR
> PROBLEMS...lawyers.....contract recision.....lawsuits....A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE
> ITS BEEN.
>
>    Top it all off and my 80 year old MOM 6 hours away now was admitted to
> hospital seriously ill Saturday for tests and I would greatly appreciate
> everyone's prayers for one of the ALL TIME GREAT MX MOMS.
>

>   The depression was killing me and since I havent had a chance to ride my
> trusty 02 in about eight months now I needed to do SOMETHING.
>
>   Sure enough after the bike had been sitting for months with gas in the tank
> that was every bit as old...........GAS ON CHOKE ON SECOND GEAR ROCK'ER BACK N
> FORTH NEUTRAL ............SWEET fired on the second kick!
>
>   To all my CR250 riding BROTHERS
>
>   HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS NEW YEARS CHANUKAH FESTIVUS & WHAT HAVE YOU
>
>   Frank Z   MX BONZ    www.mxbonz.com
>
> Matty Magic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> Your method works a treat - finally had time to try it and will be using it
> for ever more.
> Thanks mate.
>
> Matty
>
> Frank Zee wrote:
> >
> > Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth neutral
> > then kick it
> >
> > one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the year with
> > this method.
> >
> > A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago
> >
> > Frank Z MX BONZ www.mxbonz.com
> >
> > cavy986 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but
> > once
> > warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN&quot; &quot;http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd&quot;&gt;

            Thanks Matty!   &nbsp;   I went riding yesterday at Battleground MX in Ohio...... I moved up here in November ......Hired a crooked realtor who assured me that my biz could be run from this property and GUESS WHAT..................I was lied to and have MAJOR PROBLEMS...lawyers.....contract recision.....lawsuits....A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE ITS BEEN.   &nbsp;   &nbsp;Top it all off and my 80 year old MOM 6 hours away now was admitted to hospital seriously ill Saturday for tests and I would greatly appreciate everyone's prayers for one of the ALL TIME GREAT MX MOMS.   &nbsp;   &nbsp;   The depression was killing me and since I havent had a chance to ride my trusty 02 in about eight months now I needed to do SOMETHING.   &nbsp;   Sure enough after the bike had been sitting for months with gas in the tank that was every bit as old...........GAS ON CHOKE ON SECOND GEAR ROCK'ER BACK N FORTH
 NEUTRAL ............SWEET fired on the second kick!   &nbsp;   To all my CR250 riding BROTHERS   &nbsp;   HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS NEW YEARS CHANUKAH FESTIVUS &amp; WHAT HAVE YOU   &nbsp;   Frank Z&nbsp;&nbsp; MX BONZ&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; www.mxbonz.com  Matty Magic &lt;[hidden email]&gt; wrote:       Hi Frank, Your method works a treat - finally had time to try it and will be using it for ever more. Thanks
 mate. Matty Frank Zee wrote: &gt; &gt; Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth neutral &gt; then kick it &gt; &gt; one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the year with &gt; this method. &gt; &gt; A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago &gt; &gt; Frank Z MX BONZ www.mxbonz.com &gt; &gt; cavy986 &lt; [hidden email] &gt; wrote: &gt; I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but &gt; once &gt; warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks. &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; --------------------------------- &gt; Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and &gt; get things done faster. &gt; -- View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Hard-Starting-%2796-Cr250-tf2729068.html#a7923725 Sent from the Honda CR250 mailing list archive at Nabble.com. &#32;__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

jkbarberie
I AGREE!  I told my buddy who has an 88' that can be a pain to start at times.  I told him of your method.  He will give it shot next time he pulls his bike out.
Cheers,
Jeff
From: Frank Zee <[hidden email]>

> I KNOW!!!    Isn;t it the craziest thing???!!!! REGARDLESS OF THE YEAR!!!
> electric powervalve non electric powervalve case reed cylinder reed.......????
>
>   This HAS to be the EIGHTH WONDER OF THE WORLD
>
>   Frank Z    MX BONZ     www.mxbonz.com
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
>           Frank,
> I"ll have to second that one! My 87 is hard to start sometimes if I don't ride
> it for a few weeks. Today I went out and tried your method. Sure enough she
> fired up on the second kick! Amazing!
> Thanks,
> Jeff
> From: Matty Magic <[hidden email]>
> >
> > Hi Frank,
> >
> > Your method works a treat - finally had time to try it and will be using it
> > for ever more.
> > Thanks mate.
> >
> > Matty
> >

> > Frank Zee wrote:
> > >
> > > Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth neutral
> > > then kick it
> > >
> > > one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the year with
> > > this method.
> > >
> > > A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago
> > >
> > > Frank Z MX BONZ www.mxbonz.com
> > >
> > > cavy986 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but
> > > once
> > > warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

>          From: Matty Magic <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [CR250] Hard Starting '96 Cr250
> Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 05:34:41 +0000
>

> Hi Frank,
>
> Your method works a treat - finally had time to try it and will be using it
> for ever more.
> Thanks mate.
>
> Matty
>
> Frank Zee wrote:
> >
> > Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth neutral
> > then kick it
> >
> > one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the year with
> > this method.
> >
> > A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago
> >
> > Frank Z MX BONZ www.mxbonz.com
> >
> > cavy986 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but
> > once
> > warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN&quot; &quot;http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd&quot;&gt;

            I KNOW!!!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Isn;t it the craziest thing???!!!! REGARDLESS OF THE YEAR!!!&nbsp;&nbsp; electric powervalve non electric powervalve case reed cylinder reed.......????   &nbsp;   This HAS to be the EIGHTH WONDER OF THE WORLD   &nbsp;   Frank Z&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; MX BONZ&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; www.mxbonz.com  [hidden email] wrote:       Frank, I"ll have to second that one! My 87 is hard to start sometimes if I don't ride it for a few
 weeks. Today I went out and tried your method. Sure enough she fired up on the second kick! Amazing! Thanks, Jeff -------------- Original message ---------------------- From: Matty Magic &lt; [hidden email] &gt; &gt; &gt; Hi Frank, &gt; &gt; Your method works a treat - finally had time to try it and will be using it &gt; for ever more. &gt; Thanks mate. &gt; &gt; Matty &gt; &gt; &gt; Frank Zee wrote: &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth neutral &gt; &gt; then kick it &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the year with &gt; &gt; this method. &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Frank Z MX BONZ www.mxbonz.com &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; cavy986 &lt; [hidden email] &gt; wrote: &gt; &gt; I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but &gt; &gt; once &gt; &gt; warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks. &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; --------------------------------- &gt; &gt; Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and &gt; &gt; get things done faster. &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; -- &gt; View this message in context: &gt; http://www.nabble.com/Hard-Starting-%2796-Cr250-tf2729068.html#a7923725 &gt; Sent from the Honda CR250 mailing list archive at Nabble.com. &gt; From: Matty Magic &lt;[hidden email]&gt; To: [hidden email] Subject: Re: [CR250] Hard Starting '96 Cr250 Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 05:34:41 &#43;0000     Hi Frank, Your method works a treat - finally had time to try it and will be using it for ever more. Thanks mate. Matty Frank Zee wrote: &gt; &gt; Gas on. choke on
[...]

I hear you there bro,

  Doin my best to recognize that it's all for a reason which sometimes isn't apparent  in the short term.

  Thanks     z

From: Frank Zee <[hidden email]>

         From: Frank Zee <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 04:16:36 +0000

      Thanks Matty!

Frank Zee wrote:

> Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth neutral
> then kick it
>
> one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the year with
> this method.
>
> A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago
>
> Frank Z MX BONZ www.mxbonz.com
>
> cavy986 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but
> once
> warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

Matty Magic
And so it became the 8th Wonder of the (CR) World - Frank's starting method.
Hope all goes well with yr mom - all the best to you and yours for xmas and the new year.

From: Matty Magic <mattymagic01@ yahoo.com. au>

From: Matty Magic <mattymagic01@ yahoo.com. au>
To: CR250@yahoogroups. com
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 05:34:41 +0000

Frank Zee wrote:

> Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth neutral
> then kick it
>
> one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the year with
> this method.
>
> A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago
>
> Frank Z MX BONZ www.mxbonz.com
>
> cavy986 <cavy986@yahoo. com> wrote:
> I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but
> once
> warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions. Thanks.

http://mail. yahoo.com

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

cavy986
--Frank I tried your starting drill and it worked on the first
kick,and thanks for the '01 rear wheel info. I hope your mother is
doing better. - :

> Thanks Matty!
>
>   I went riding yesterday at Battleground MX in Ohio...... I moved
up here in November ......Hired a crooked realtor who assured me that
my biz could be run from this property and GUESS
WHAT..................I was lied to and have MAJOR
PROBLEMS...lawyers.....contract recision.....lawsuits....A COMPLETE
NIGHTMARE ITS BEEN.

>    Top it all off and my 80 year old MOM 6 hours away now was
admitted to hospital seriously ill Saturday for tests and I would
greatly appreciate everyone's prayers for one of the ALL TIME GREAT
MX MOMS.

>   The depression was killing me and since I havent had a chance to
ride my trusty 02 in about eight months now I needed to do SOMETHING.

>   Sure enough after the bike had been sitting for months with gas
in the tank that was every bit as old...........GAS ON CHOKE ON
SECOND GEAR ROCK'ER BACK N FORTH NEUTRAL ............SWEET fired on
the second kick!

>   To all my CR250 riding BROTHERS
>
>   HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS NEW YEARS CHANUKAH FESTIVUS & WHAT HAVE YOU
>
>   Frank Z   MX BONZ    www.mxbonz.com
>
> Matty Magic <mattymagic01@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> Your method works a treat - finally had time to try it and will be
using it
> for ever more.
> Thanks mate.
>
> Matty
>
> Frank Zee wrote:
> >
> > Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n forth
neutral
> > then kick it
> >
> > one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the
year with

> > this method.
> >
> > A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago
> >
> > Frank Z MX BONZ www.mxbonz.com
> >
> > cavy986 <cavy986@...> wrote:
> > I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but
> > once
> > warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Hard Starting '96 Cr250

tarresque
--- In [hidden email], "cavy986" <cavy986@...> wrote:

> --Frank I tried your starting drill and it worked on the first
> kick,and thanks for the '01 rear wheel info. I hope your mother is
> doing better. - :
> >
> > Thanks Matty!
> >
> >   I went riding yesterday at Battleground MX in Ohio...... I
moved
> up here in November ......Hired a crooked realtor who assured me
that

> my biz could be run from this property and GUESS
> WHAT..................I was lied to and have MAJOR
> PROBLEMS...lawyers.....contract recision.....lawsuits....A COMPLETE
> NIGHTMARE ITS BEEN.
> >
> >    Top it all off and my 80 year old MOM 6 hours away now was
> admitted to hospital seriously ill Saturday for tests and I would
> greatly appreciate everyone's prayers for one of the ALL TIME GREAT
> MX MOMS.
> >

> >   The depression was killing me and since I havent had a chance
> ride my trusty 02 in about eight months now I needed to do
SOMETHING.

> >   Sure enough after the bike had been sitting for months with gas
> in the tank that was every bit as old...........GAS ON CHOKE ON
> SECOND GEAR ROCK'ER BACK N FORTH NEUTRAL ............SWEET fired on
> the second kick!
> >
> >   To all my CR250 riding BROTHERS
> >
> >   HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS NEW YEARS CHANUKAH FESTIVUS & WHAT HAVE
YOU

> >   Frank Z   MX BONZ    www.mxbonz.com
> >
> > Matty Magic <mattymagic01@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Frank,
> >
> > Your method works a treat - finally had time to try it and will
be
> using it
> > for ever more.
> > Thanks mate.
> >
> > Matty
> >
> > Frank Zee wrote:
> > >
> > > Gas on. choke on put bike in second gear and rock it back n
forth

> neutral
> > > then kick it
> > >
> > > one or two kicks is all mine have ever taken regardless of the
> year with
> > > this method.
> > >
> > > A factory Honda mechanic clued me to this years ago
> > >
> > > Frank Z MX BONZ www.mxbonz.com
> > >
> > > cavy986 <cavy986@> wrote:
> > > I have a '96 CR250 that takes 15 to 20 kicks to start cold but
> > > once
> > > warm it starts on 1 kick.Any suggestions.Thanks.

> > Im not as frequently out as i used to I actually bought a 125 im
restoring just to convince people to try moto.  Im from the south and
learned young, but most just cant grasp the thrill.  My goal is to
let em have the first one free... hehehehe then thell be hooked like
a kid in an after school special.  Anyhow, I use stabil, have for
years I went to prison in late 01 and got out in early 03 and my 96
cr250 fired like a champ.  I swear by the stuff if I'm not rippin for
more than a month I give it a shot and it works well.  I still try to
top off when I can to dillute it, but this is a honda forum we always
laugh at the broken guy!
PS best wishes my ma die in november its harder to watch them suffer
than anything Ive known.
Best of luck, If you have full medical take it out on your bike.... I
do.

> > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com

12