Quantcast

Introduction - New member 1979 CR250R Elsinore.

Introduction - New member 1979 CR250R Elsinore.

osu_cowboy@rocketmail.com
Hi there,
I am new here and have recently purchased a complete and mostly original 79 CR250R Elsinore.  I am interested in learning more about parts sources as it seems there is a shortage of OEM parts available for these old bikes.  I really want to freshen up the top end but have no source on where to get a piston/ring/gasket kit.  I have done a search but all the parts fiches say "no longer available". Maybe I could trade my e series stator/cdi unit for a top end?

Re: Introduction - New member 1979 CR250R Elsinore.

Dave Kramer-2
I usually get a Wiseco kit from E Bay. Just pick a daily digest and wait for the lowest price. Get it coated from Swain and it will last a long time.
DAve

________________________________
I am new here and have recently purchased a complete and mostly original 79 CR250R Elsinore.  I am interested in learning more about parts sources as it seems there is a shortage of OEM parts available for these old bikes.  I really want to freshen up the top end but have no source on where to get a piston/ring/gasket kit.  I have done a search but all the parts fiches say "no longer available". Maybe I could trade my e series stator/cdi unit for a top end?

Re: Introduction - New member 1979 CR250R Elsinore.

osu_cowboy@rocketmail.com
Thanks Dave!  Any leads on where to get some of the other hard to find parts like chain rollers and carb parts?

--- In [hidden email], Dave Kramer <jagrdog68@...> wrote:

> I usually get a Wiseco kit from E Bay. Just pick a daily digest and wait for the lowest price. Get it coated from Swain and it will last a long time.
> DAve
>

> ________________________________

RE: Re: Introduction - New member 1979 CR250R Elsinore.

bdnwtkfg
TRY VINTAGE IRON (www.vintageiron.com <http://www.vintageiron.com/> )

  _____

Thanks Dave! Any leads on where to get some of the other hard to find parts
like chain rollers and carb parts?

--- In [hidden email] <mailto:CR250%40yahoogroups.com> , Dave Kramer
<jagrdog68@...> wrote:

> I usually get a Wiseco kit from E Bay. Just pick a daily digest and wait
for the lowest price. Get it coated from Swain and it will last a long time.

> DAve
>

> ________________________________

Chain rollers are the absolutely hardest thing to find for an 80', but I would just get Moose rollers for the 79'. On the 80' there is 3 rollers and one is offsize, so I use a skate board wheel. Kehin still has a website and you can get quite a few parts there.
DAve

Thanks Dave! Any leads on where to get some of the other hard to find parts like chain rollers and carb parts?

--- In [hidden email], Dave Kramer <jagrdog68@...> wrote:

> I usually get a Wiseco kit from E Bay. Just pick a daily digest and wait for the lowest price. Get it coated from Swain and it will last a long time.
> DAve

Doug G-2
I put skate board bearings in the old rollers, check it out on my blog. DG

http://1983cr480.blogspot.com/